Most commonly asked questions
about this valuable opportunity:
What is the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit?
- Arizona Taxpayers can make charitable contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations, and receive a dollar-for-dollar credit when filing your taxes.
- Through your donations to Teen Challenge of Arizona, you can reduce what you owe in state taxes by up to $800 (married filing jointly) or up to $400 (filing single or head of household).
- In other words, you can either pay the State or you can give to help people in need.
How might the tax credit affect my taxes?
- A tax credit reduces your final tax liability.
- It can reduce the amount you pay, or even increase the amount of your refund.
- Please consult your tax professional for more information about this tax credit may apply to your tax situation.
Is this the same as Tax Credits for Schools and Foster Care?
- No, it is a separate tax credit, and in addition to the others.
- Arizona Taxpayers can make charitable contributions to organizations that qualify for the Charitable Tax Credit, as well as organizations that qualify for tax credits for schools and foster care.
Can I donate to more than one qualifying charity?
- Yes, you are able to donate to more than one qualifying charitable organization.
- The total tax credit limit you may be eligible for remains the same.
Does this tax credit also apply to federal tax returns?
- The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction on your State taxes only.
- You may also be able to claim a federal tax deduction for amounts donated.
- Check with your tax professional.
What if I don’t owe State taxes?
- Charitable Tax Credit dollars may be carried forward for up to five years, reducing future tax liability.
How do I claim the credit?
- Simply complete Form 321 with your Arizona State Tax Return.
Arizona Department of Revenue
Tell me more about Teen Challenge…
Teen Challenge of Arizona is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization that has been serving in Arizona helping teens, adults and families overcome the devastating results of addiction for over 50 years.
Redirect your tax dollars today to
help teens, adults and families in need!